We are excited you are considering Southern Wesleyan University as an international student! We have alumni from all over the world, and we would love to have you join our faith-filled community.
Step 1: Apply for FREE
Your first step in achieving admission to Southern Wesleyan University is completing the free online application.
Step 2: Submit evaluated transcript
We accept transcript evaluations from all NACES member institutions.
Students who use our SpanTran portal get a small discount and the assurance that you are receiving the right type of evaluation:
Step 3: Submit additional documents and payments
If English is not your primary language, you must submit an English competency test (Duolingo English Test, TOEFL, or, IELTS) to SWU. Students may request to have this requirement waived if they meet certain criteria. Please contact your admissions counselor regarding waiving the English proficiency requirement.
Official TOEFL score of 500 (paper test), 61 (online test), or 173 (computer-based test), official IELTS score of 6, or a Duolingo score of 95. Evidence that English is the student’s primary language may also be considered. IF TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo are not available, student may request waiver if student meets certain other requirements considered by the university. This waiver request may be obtained from the student’s admissions counselor. Waivers are not guaranteed.
International student-athletes must also complete NCAA eligibility requirements for athletic certification. A complete list of international student-athlete pre-certification requirements is available on the NCAA website.
A word-for-word, line-by-line certified English translation of all foreign academic work is one of the NCAA pre-certification requirements for student-athlete eligibility. SWU faculty cannot provide certified English translations. To search for ATA (American Translators Association) certified translators, visit www.atanet.org.
- For Fall (August) enrollments:
- International students must complete the admissions process and be admitted by July 1st preceding enrollment term.
- The I-20 documentation CANNOT be issued after July 15th preceding enrollment term.
- For Spring (January) enrollments:
- International students must complete the admissions process and be admitted by November 1st preceding enrollment term.
- The I-20 documentation CANNOT be issued after November 15th preceding enrollment term.
- Check our accepted student page for up-to-date information regarding next steps after admissions.
- Pay deposits:
- Enrollment deposit: $200 (this deposit is part of the calculated payment that you must make to issue the I-20 paperwork)
- If you’re able, please consider attending one of our Future Warrior Days
- Email the following items to our Campus Nurse, Lori Herron at
- Medical History Form
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Proof of medical insurance (copy of medical insurance card)
Southern Wesleyan has partnered with Flywire in order to streamline the process of international payments. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
To get started, visit FlyWire and select Southern Wesleyan University from the dropdown menu.
To learn more about the Flywire process, watch this video.
Preferred payment method for international students:
Southern Wesleyan University has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple, and cost effective.
Additional Information on PayMyTuition:
How to make a payment – step-by-step PDF:
PayMyTuition customer support information
No matter what time zone you are in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.
Don't hesitate to contact a member of our Admissions staff. You can reach us by phone at 1-864-644-5550 or 1-800-C-U-AT-SWU or email at .
All forms and information can be sent to:
Office of Admissions – Box 1928
Southern Wesleyan University
PO Box 1020
Central, SC 29630-9989
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972 and with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Southern Wesleyan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, or physical handicap in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The university reserves its right to operate as a church-related institution and to develop policies consistent with the religious tenets of its sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church.
Additional information related to SWU’s non-discrimination policies include: